The cinnamon it is a historical food and some time ago it was as valuable as gold itself. It is all because this food has important properties for people’s health and can also be consumed in different preparations. The Cinnamon tea brings great benefits to the body.
Surely you have ever heard the expression ‘this is cinnamon sticks’. It is a very popular phrase in different parts of Spain and used regularly by Ángel Llácer in the television program ‘Your face sounds to me’.
It is an expression used to explain that something is very valuable. This is due to the importance of this food in ancient times. The Arabs used this food to flavor meats, because cinnamon harbors a type of oil rich in phenol, which inhibits the bacteria responsible for its putrefaction.
Thus, cinnamon is extracted directly from the tree known as ‘canelo’, which can reach 10 meters in height. In this sense, the cinnamon spice corresponds to the inner bark, which is extracted by peeling and rubbing the smaller branches. These, once detached, are separated and peeled again.
The properties of cinnamon tea
Cinnamon can be consumed ground or stick. It is used to flavor a multitude of gastronomic elaborations and also the quality of the product is the same. Thus, a suitable form for its intake is the so-called cinnamon tea.
Through this link you can discover how to make pineapple tea, which usually includes cinnamon sticks for flavoring. Its health benefits are numerous.
However, to make cinnamon tea it is necessary to boil one or two sticks of cinnamon sticks in hot water. It is a simple way to incorporate this food into our diet, also introducing its important health benefits.
In addition, we are surely facing one of the tastiest teas that we can drink, because it retains its particular flavor and is pleasant to the taste.
Benefits of drinking cinnamon tea
Consuming cinnamon tea will provide the body with all the properties of this food. And it is that through an infusion, the cinnamon stick will not lose its benefits for the human body. And beware, they are not few:
1. Among its components, cinnamon is an important source of iron, fiber, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin B1 and selenium. On the other hand, it has a special oil that gives it antioxidant and antimicrobial power.
2. It is a food that does not make you fat. A tablespoon of cinnamon provides about six calories, so consumed in tea will hardly be a caloric intake for the body.
3. Cinnamon tea has great health properties. If a little ginger is added, it provides expectorant elements, clears the nose and alleviates respiratory problems.
5. Several studies support this food as an ideal ingredient to stimulate brain functions, especially in older adults.
6. With the aroma of cinnamon we also breathe in linalool, a substance that reduces stress levels.
7. It has anticoagulant properties.
In addition, as indicated by the Spanish Nutrition Foundation (FEN), cinnamon tea is also recommended to take in case of gastrointestinal discomfort and to stimulate the appetite in case of having lost the desire to eat.