The Fruits of the forest they are one of the favorite fruits once summer arrives. These fruits, together with the White chocolate, make up an exquisite mixture and that should be a regular in our homemade desserts. In this sense, white chocolate is anything but chocolate, as it does not contain cocoa solids, being a food made from cocoa butter, sugar and milk solids.
The first time that white chocolate was made curiously took place in Spain, specifically in Guadalajara, and a few years after the First World War it was produced in Switzerland by Nestlé.
To make white chocolate, there must be a minimum of 20% cocoa butter, a minimum of 14% milk solids (butter), 3.5% milk fat, and a maximum of 55% sugars or other sweeteners. Despite this, white chocolate is much sweeter than milk chocolate, being a regular when it comes to preparing desserts.
White chocolate recipe with berries
To prepare this dessert we are going to make the white chocolate ourselves from scratch. Sometimes it can be difficult to melt the butter with the cocoa, but it is remedied by melting the chocolate and whisking it in the meantime. Thus, we are going to explain the steps to follow to prepare the best white chocolate dessert with berries:
- Buy white chocolate and cut it into chunks.
- Mix it with milk and vanilla and put it to heat over medium heat.
- Beat the yolks with the sugar until they are white and creamy.
- Add the cornstarch and continue beating until it is integrated with the yolks.
- Slowly add the hot milk to the yolk mixture.
- Put it on a low heat until it thickens, stirring constantly so it doesn’t stick.
- When it thickens, remove the heat and add the white chocolate.
- Stir the mixture so that the white chocolate melts.
- In another saucepan, heat the cream over low heat. When it thickens, add the mixture of chocolate and yolks.
- Cook it for 10 minutes, stirring constantly so as not to burn it.
- Finally, wash the fruits and divide them into glasses, then bathe them with the hot chocolate mixture and put more fruits on top.
- 250 ml milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 80 grams of sugar
- 50 grams of cornstarch
- 100 grams of white chocolate
- 250 ml of cream
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams of berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.)
Other ways to add berries to our diet
The fruits of the forest can give rise to different preparations where we can make the most of their healthy benefits. Here are some of the situations in which we can add these fruits to our day to day:
- Jams: The fruits of the forest are ideal for making homemade jams. To make them healthier, just do not add sugar during cooking.
- Cereals: Combining them with cereals like oatmeal can make breakfast healthier. Mixing it with milk and yogurt will make us create a fairly complete preparation.
- Sushi: Adding berries to sushi is not far-fetched. This provides a different flavor that combines perfectly with other ingredients such as vegetables or fish.
- Salads: Use a handful of berries to enhance the flavor of your salads and provide them with new healthy and low-calorie ingredients.