The potato chips They are considered a real delicacy for many people in many countries of the world. They can be eaten as a starter, with sauces or to accompany other preparations. However, there are many people who do not eat this type of food due to the high calories and fats that they contribute to the body.
Its flavor is very striking for the palate and there are also different ways of cutting the potato before frying, being able to give different flavors. French fries are very common in fast food establishments, such as McDonald’s or Burger King.
The potato itself is a food with important properties for the body and can be considered healthy to some extent in terms of consumption. However, its preparation method can lead to different health problems.
How to make French fries without oil?
An objective aspect is that 100 grams of potato chips they provide approximately 319 calories and 17 grams of fat; while a baked potato provides around 93 calories and not a single gram of fat. The difference is important.
That is why many lovers of French fries decide to limit their consumption, in order to take care of their line and look for other foods that are healthier for the body.
However, there are some alternatives to be able to enjoy this food in a healthy way. So, below we show a delicious recipe for fries without oil and easy to make at home.
- Three large potatoes.
- An egg white.
- Ground pepper.
Before starting our recipe, it is important to make sure that no ingredients are missing. From that moment on, we preheat the oven to about 200 degrees Celsius.
- First, we wash the potatoes correctly, remove the skin and cut into sticks or in the way you like best.
- Use a bowl to beat the egg white, add the salt and pepper.
- Once the white is well beaten, soak the potatoes in the mixture with the salt and pepper.
- Next, use a baking tray and place an aluminum foil on top. Then place the potatoes so that they cover the entire surface.
- Bake for about 8 minutes.
- After the established time, remove the potatoes from the oven and carefully peel them off the paper.
- Remove the aluminum foil and place it back on the tray, this time uncovered. Return to the oven.
It is advisable to move the potatoes gently every 10 minutes so that they are well cooked on all sides. So, once they are golden brown, take the potatoes out of the oven. A recommendation is to try some of them before removing from the oven to see if they are well cooked.
Thus, to give a little more flavor before serving, you can add a little fine salt. In this way you can cook French fries without oil and with a flavor similar to those made with this complement that provides a significant amount of fat and calories.
In any case, it is not advisable to abuse the consumption of French fries, much less when they are cooked in oil. Moderate your consumption and try to make them in the healthiest way for the body.